We Clean Up The Nastiest of Spills
Sewage leak or back up? No problem. Call CMS Restoration today. We can get your sewage cleanup done in no time. At CMS Restoration, we have the special equipment to handle the toughest of spills and leaks. We are also general contractors licensed by the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department. This means we can not only clean up the mess but also fix any structural damage done to your home or business. We get everything looking (and smelling) like new! … for all customers in the greater Colorado Springs area!
Call CMS Restoration Today!
24/7 Emergency Service Available! Get a free sewage cleanup estimate:(719) 538-5607
Sewage Cleanup FAQs
What Can Cause a Sewage Backup or Leak?
A sewage backup can be one of the most frustrating issues facing a homeowner. However, we see a few common causes of blockages more often than others.
Some of these common causes are:
- Clogs: this can occur over time when something is blocking the standard flow of liquid through a drainpipe which will ultimately affect the plumbing in your house. Sinks, bathtubs, dishwashers, toilets, and washing machines will be affected. Severe clogs will lead to raw sewage pushing back into your drainpipes from either the septic tank or the sewer lines.
- Roots: can invade your sewage system by growing right through the middle of the pipe. Especially if you have old worn-out pipes, they can come in through cracks and holes.
- Main sewer line: is a blockage in the piping system that affects the whole community. For example, if there are issues with the sewage system after heavy rains, sometimes the main pipes are overworked.
What Is a Sewage Cleanup?
CMS Restoration will come to your property, assess the damage, and determine where we need to work quickly and efficiently to get y our property back to its original, safe condition. Our number one objective is making sure that you are safe from the biohazard contaminants in the sewage backup.
Our process looks like this:
- First, extract the sewage and water.
- Remove anything that cannot be salvaged or repaired.
- Professionally dry out the moisture.
- Sanitize and deodorize: to ensure we get rid of all of the bad smells and prevent any mold growth.
- Rebuild any structure and foundation on the property.
- Repair any drywall, flooring, ceilings, and furnishings.
- Finally, this service is an emergency cleanup service which means we will be available to help you any time, day, or night.
Why Is It Essential To Clean up Sewage as Soon as Possible?
We should clean up sewage backup immediately because sewage contains waste products and may have bacteria or viruses in the water. Some possible health risks of being exposed to contaminated sewage backup depend on how long you are exposed.
Some health issues to worry about are:
- E. Coli infection
- Significant respiratory problems
Sewage backup can damage the home like any other flood water damage, so it is essential to clean up the property’s structure and your health. When hiring licensed professionals to remove sewage, we will remove it safely. At CMS Restoration, we have the industrial-grade professional equipment and dehumidifiers to ensure all the moisture is gone before we leave.
Also, sewage leaks will leave a smelly odor, and we can use specialized deodorizers to ensure that all the smells are gone. We want you to be able to breathe clean air again.
Why Shouldn’t I Try To Do Sewage Cleanup Myself?
Unlike typical water damage, you should always call a professional when there is sewage involved. The main reason this is not a do-it-yourself type of project is that sewage is a biohazard material.
Therefore, you are dealing with dangerous water and could suffer health issues. Sewage removal is not an easy task that you can complete in a few hours.
Let’s say that you have some protective suits on. It would still not be wise to attempt cleaning it yourself as you don’t have the industrial-strength tools and equipment that we have.
You can risk harming yourself by trying to clean up sewage leaks yourself.
We will have protective gear such as:
- Safety goggles
- Protective mask or shield
- Water-repellant coveralls
- Waterproof gloves
- Rubber boots
If the cleaning is not adequate, you allow the risk of bacteria lingering around, potentially harming you, your family, or your pets.
Contact us anytime, 24/7, and we can properly remove sewage from your property and leave it like it was before anything ever happened.